Summer Training instruction update
Information from Detachment:
There have been a number of questions arise pertaining to uniform items of clothing, including PT gear, that have traditionally had different means of distribution – from the Cadet Training Centre (CTC), from the squadron, already held by the cadet, etc. This is meant to clarify the sources of these items and add amplification. As discussed, a short synopsis will be added to Facebook as an additional means of communicating with parents and cadets. I’d ask that you please have this distributed through the “ACO net” for transmission to squadrons in Central Region.
Items of uniform clothing to be provided by the CTC:
- Wide-brimmed (tilley) hat (x1) ** Cadets who have a serviceable tilley from prior cadet training are to bring it with them. This item will be retained by cadets at the conclusion of training.
- Elemental t-shirt (x3) – if cadets have t-shirts from prior summers or the squadron, they should bring them with them. These items will be retained by cadets at the conclusion of training.
- Sweatshirt – returned at the conclusion of training for laundering and re-issue.
- Sweatpants – returned at the conclusion of training for laundering and re-issue. Cadets on the first GT and Aviation serials will not likely be issued these due to the warmer dominating temperatures in July but these items become necessary for cadets here on longer courses or on later serials.
- Poncho – returned at the conclusion of training for re-issue.
Items of uniform clothing to be provided by the squadron:
- Normal cadet clothing issue as scaled for each cadet participating in the squadron program. This includes trousers, short-sleeve blue shirt, boots, wool socks, belt and wedge with RCACS badge. It is recognized that cadets already have these items but squadrons must take the time to ensure that they fit now and will remain serviceable throughout the summer. Very limited quantities of these items are held at the CTC for exchange; however, the issue and maintenance of these clothing items is a squadron responsibility.
Items of uniform clothing to be provided by the cadet and/or their family:
- Running shoes appropriate to athletic activities including running and sports. (1 pair)
- Shorts that are mid-thigh in length and are any of dark blue, black or grey (at least 2 pairs)
Lieutenant-Colonel D.W. (Darryl) Rolfe
Commanding Officer, Trenton Cadet Training Centre
Department of National Defence / Government of Canada
Darryl.Rolfe@forces.gc.ca / Tel: 613-965-2834 / Cel: 613-391-1289 / TTY: 1-800-467-9877
Commandant, Centre d'entraînement des cadets de Trenton
Ministère de la Défense nationale / Gouvernement du Canada
Darryl.Rolfe@forces.gc.ca / Tél: 613-965-2834 / Tél: 613-391-1289 / ATS: 1-800-467-9877