FTX Oct 13th - Oct 15th
OPERATIONS ORDER 3/17
AIRCREW SURVIVAL SPRING 2017
718 Yukon RCACS
34 South St
Port Hope ON L1A 1R8
3 Sept 17
1. 718 Yukon is required to meet the training syllabus for X90 PO’s.
2. An FTX exercise will serve an opportunity to complete and enhance the bush training as prescribed by the Air Cadet Training Syllabus for Levels 1 – 5
3. This exercise will take place Sgt (Ret.) Cox Residence on Woodvale School rd. in Hope Township, ON, on 20-22 Oct 17 and will be conducted in four phases.
Phase 1 Arrival at training Site, Kit Inspection.
Phase 2 Briefing and set up of camp.
Phase 3 Bush exercise as per training schedule.
Phase 4 Debrief and dismissal.
4. a. Stores: (see CSAR)
b. Medical: Capt Parker will act as Medical Officer for this exercise. A cell phone will be on hand at the first aid station. A list of emergency and local phone numbers will be carried by the medical officer. Medications will be handed in to Capt Parker upon arrival and dispensed as per parents instructions and authorization.
c. Transportation: Cadets will travel to site via parental drop off. An advance party will travel to training site by PMV. Advance party to arrive at training site by 1230hrs. An emergency vehicle will be designated for fresh water and emergencies (Staff PMV).
d. Dress: - Officers: CADPAT.
Cadets: Appropriate civilian attire according to the squadron issued kit list at Annex B. Cadets owning combat clothing may wear them provided all CAF badges are removed. If a beret is worn, a cap badge will only be affixed if the cadet is wearing proper OD clothing.
e. Rations: Requesting MRE’s for breakfast and lunches.
2 breakfast for 22 persons
2 x Lunches for 22 persons
1 dinner for 22 persons
f. We will require two Johnny on the spots.
COMMAND AND SIGNAL
5. Personnel have been tasked as follows:
OPI Capt Parker
2IC 2Lt Crosmas
OIC: Capt Huffman
Medical Officer: Capt Parker
Training Instructors Capt Huffman
Capt McAteer 2Lt Crosmas
NCO IC WO2 Groves
Cadet Instructors Sgt Campbell
M. Pellerin Huffman
718 Yukon RCACS
Annexes: to Ops order 3/17
Annex A Kit list
Annex B Permission Form
Annex C Directions to Camp
All Staff and Cadets
Annex A to OP order 03/17
All Officers: CADPAT
Civilian Instructors and Cadets: Those owning Combats (NO CaDPat lookalikes) may wear them provided all CAF insignia is removed.
HEALTH CARD IS A MUST!!
-Track pants 2 pairs and/or jeans in good condition.
-Socks- minimum 5 pairs
-Long sleeved tops -2
-Short sleeve tops – 2
-Sweatshirts – 2
-Jackets 1 warm, 1 light weight
-Underwear – 3 pairs minimum
-Hiking boots and running shoes
-Cup - Suitable for hot/cold drink
-Canteen Bottle or plastic juice bottle for water NO GLASS
ABSOLUTELY NO pocketknives, alcohol or pyrotechnics are permitted. All cadets will have their kit inspected to ensure that they have the necessary equipment.
** Any Cadet requiring medication is responsible for bringing the adequate dosage for the weekend, along with a note from you parent/guardian with amounts and times, and handing them over to the Officer doing nominal role.
DO NOT FORGET YOUR HEALTH CARD. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND WITHOUT IT!!!!!
Annex B to OP order 03/17
Spring Survival Training Weekend
20-22 Oct 2017
718 Yukon Squadron
I ____________________ do hereby give permission for _________________________
(Parent/Guardian, please print) (Son/daughter/ward, please print)
to attend the Spring Survival Training Weekend on 13-15 Oct 2017
(Date) Parent/Guardian signature
Permission forms must be submitted by 13 Oct 17. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR HEALTH CARD!!!!
M Pellerin Huffman
718 Yukon Sqn
Sign and return top portion. Keep bottom for information.
1. Cadets are asked to be dropped off betweek 1730-1800hrs... PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE DINNER FIRST.
2. Bring all items on Kit list.
3. Do not bring cell phones, IPODS or any electronic items. WE ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEM SHOULD YOU LOSE THEM, and there will not be anywhere to charge them.
4. Parents are asked to pick up their Cadet on Sunday 15 Oct 17 by 1500hrs. An all call will be sent if we will be arriving early or late
5. DON’T FORGET YOUR HEALTH CARD.
Annex C Ops order 3/17
Directions to Sgt Cox Farm
Contact is the Sqn Duty Phone: 289-771-2718
Please drop cadets off at the House.
Cadets can then travel by foot: Follow the tree line to the top of the hill.